A very beautiful, fine quality, inlaid Tea Caddy from the English Georgian, Sheraton Period, Circa 1780.
The Tea Caddy is all handmade with very fine quality features;
* Beautifully chosen figured mahogany.
* Exceptional inlays of Shells, Fan patera quarter corners, Spiral vertical corners,
Stringing to edges, all using many different types of wood.
* Four small corner feet, horizontal beading to top and bottom all around.
* Three internal compartments with knobbed lids - all original
* Fine brass swan neck handle & brass lock
The patination and colour of this piece is exceptional.
Internal Ref: F 428
Height = 18.4 cm (7.2")
Width = 25.4 cm (10.0")
Depth = 14.6 cm (5.7")
top of page