This is a finely painted porcelain coffee can made by the Minton factory, England, in the reign of George 111 in the early 19th century, circa 1805
Straight sided coffee cans were only originally made for about the first 20 years of the 19th century and are very collectable.
The porcelain can is well potted with a ring handle.
It is finely hand decorated in Minton's recorded Pattern Number 641, having a leaf and scrolls pattern all against a mazarine deep blue ground colour, with superb hand gilded detail.
This piece is fully marked to the base with a mock Sevres mark with M and the pattern number 641 below, all hand painted in over glaze cobalt blue.
top of page
SKU: P 2011
bottom of page